Sunday, January 2, 2011

So long 2010...Hello 2011

I just want to say that 2010 will be greatly missed. It's kind of sad that we're already entering a new year. I've never set goals with the start of a New Year but this year there is so much that I want accomplished and achieved that I thought a List of Goals would be a great way to start out 2011!!!
A lot of my goals and my husbands goals for this new year have been very church centered. We have been very blessed last year with the new addition to our small and growing family, moving into a home, always having just enough money to get by and moving closer to family and I can't help but thank my heavenly father for those blessings. Without him we wouldn't be where we are today. I don't feel deserving of them by any means and so this year I want to change my negative thinking on everything (spiritual, physical, mental) and see what 2011 will bring. I hope this year we will learn new things about ourselves and our daughter and grow closer to the Lord.
A couple of goals I set for myself was to attend the temple 12+ times this next year, make it a goal to go at least once per month, I want to read the Book of Mormon again, and I want to try and attend all of my church meetings even when I don't feel like it. When I first had Cadence I couldn't believe what a miracle she was, and I always thought, "WOW! You just came from our heavenly father." It always made me cry, and she softened my heart, from then on I vowed that I would do whatever I could to teach my kids the gospel to help them return to our Heavenly Father. I didn't know parenting would be this difficult. The Lord has blessed us with a child and that is the most wonderful gifts we have received this last year. I have been doing a lot of thinking and beating myself up the last few months, wondering if I'll ever be a woman my daughter can look up to and aspire to be like. So....this year I will strive to become just that.
1) I am going to change my thinking, I will be a positive person not gossiping and judging others and living the relief society motto "Charity Never Faileth". President Thomas S Monson told an excellent story about that last conference and I'll try my hardest to accomplish this.
2) I will give up my time and talents for the Lord and his church even if I don't think I have time for it.
3) I will actually do visiting teaching and visit those in need of a friend and those who are less active. I want them to feel wanted and needed because I myself have been the friendless and less active and know exactly how they feel!
I don't know why it took having a child to want to make these changes. But I am making the changes now and that's all that matters. I am going to be a different woman this year and the many years to come. I love my family and I will be that example for them.

Other goals I have set for myself for 2011 are more for my Mental and Physical health and know that if I change these too I will be a much happier, healthier person.
1) Lose 60 lbs!
2) Get EFT work done on myself and my husband to get rid of roadblocks for success
3) Get out of debt
4) MIND MY OWN BUSINESS!!

So there you are folks a New Year and a New Outlook on Life!! May this year and the many years to follow bring happiness, health, and prosperity for our famiies and the ones we love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I wanna lose 50 lbs! We should check in with each other once a week!!! whats EFT work?? I personally am glad to see 2010 go! 2011 HERE THE CHRISTENSEN GIRLS COME!! WATCH OUT!

The Waltons said...

I loved reading this, Jess. It was a great reminder of the blessings of our Heavenly Father. Best of luck in 2011 and with all your wonderful goals!

Jessica Christensen said...

kristi..EFT is emotional freedom technique. it's difficult to describe it but i've seen it work in my family with my dad and my brother... it's pretty sweet, you should google it..ya once a week we should message each other with how much we've lost... pretty exciting
jess....thanks so much..i can feel it 2011 is going tobe rad... do you still live in lethbridge? we need to get together and do dinner sometime..

Post a Comment