Monday, January 17, 2011

7 and 8 month updates!!



First of all I wanted to say that I hope people understand why I blog about my daughter and my little family. It is only because I'm a proud NEW Parent and it's exciting to watch something we created learn new things and grow and I want to share the excitement with others. That's all, and if people get offended with my blog then you have the choice to read and get offended. That's not at all my fault. I'm contemplating making my blog private and only those who want to see my blog in the future and those who I want to see my blog will get access to it. But I don't quite know how to do so. Once I figure it out though I will definately be going PRIVATE!
Now about my daughter; all I have to say is 7 months+ is fun and exhausting. I haven't had any time whatsoever to update my blog due to Cadence only taking 1 maybe 2 naps/day if i'm lucky while she gets into everything when she's awake. By the time it's her bedtime which is 8:30/9 it's my bedtime too. :) Oh well here's her 7 and 8 month updates.


7 Month Weight: 17lbs 14 oz
7 Month Length: 27 inches

She learned to crawl just a week or two before she turned 7 months and from then on took off and seriously learned a whole bunch of new things. I can't remember what she was doing at 7 months because I didn't write any of it down. BAAAH!

8 Month Weight: 18 lbs 2 oz
8 Month Length: 27 1/2 inches

Eating Habits: Cadence eats pretty much everything now except for meats because some make her really gassy and irritable so I'm waiting to give her those again for a month or so. She eats things right off my plate like spaghetti, vegetables etc. We took her off of the Rice Cereal because it is constipating her and she now only eats Barley and Oatmeal with all types of fruits and veggies. Introducing new foods has been a very difficult process as we have a picky eater on our hands. She's also weaning herself from the breast but won't drink anything else (if anyone has some advice on how to get her to drink please let me know)

Sleeping Habits: She now goes to bed at 9pm and wakes up at 8:30am without any nighttime wakes and feeds. Sometimes she has some issues going down but what baby doesn't. She'll scream and scream and we'll go in to find her either standing or sitting up and not knowing how to get back down..
New Skills: Cadence is crawling, which includes going upstairs too. She also crawls around with her toys in her hand. She can get into standing position and walk along all our furniture, and has let go quite a few times to test her balance and can balance for 2 seconds and fall on her bum. She is making all kinds of new sounds and learning new vowels like OWWW, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da, ga-ga-ga, etc. Just the other day she learned that her tongue helps make new sounds and uses it all the time. She waves at people which is really cute when we're at the mall and she waves at everyone in passing. She is developing quite the personality too.

It has also been a trying period for me. As in Cadence is trying my patience. I thought I had more patience than I do but I'm finding that everything is pissing me off. Maybe it's because of the lack of sleep, mixed with the lack of me time, and the "Cadence runs my life, and has different agenda". But whatever it is, I am trying to figure it out so that I don't snap at my daughter over something so little and stupid.
I thought becoming a parent was going to be easy, especially because I had a specific plan as to how I was going to parent. But because I went in with all these expectations I have learned that none of them are going to be met and parenting is sort of go with the flow. I'm definately learning new things about myself and where my boundaries are, and have become a bit of a mamma bear and very very protective. I'm trying to relax a little bit but it's going to take time and work. Anywho enough rambling, that's it for now :) HAPPY BLOGGING and HAPPY PARENTING!!!





2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

K... I just started reading your blog... so if you go private you have to add me!

The Waltons said...

Thanks for the update. I love reading about sweet little Cadence. Parenting is trying...very trying. What I have done since Nola was brand spanking new was live in the moment. I try not to think ahead too much so I can enjoy or endure whats directly in front of me. It has saved my life!!

PS LOVIN the blog makeover. It looks great!

Post a Comment